How Important Are Annual Chimney Inspections?
Whether you use your open-hearth masonry fireplace, manufactured fireplace, stove, or insert for ambiance, daily comfort, or emergency heat and have an open, screened, or glass front your appliance is a candidate for an annual maintenance. If you haven’t had your appliance cleaned and maintained, an inspection is recommended.
Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances.SOURCE: The National Fire Protection Association
Call or schedule an appointment with the certified and experienced technicians at Allegiance Chimney Solutions TODAY for your wood fireplace, stove or insert inspection, maintenance, and repair services.
Inspections for Wood Burning Appliances:
What Happens During Your Wood Appliance Inspection
Your certified Allegiance Chimney technician will examine the readily accessible portions of your chimney exterior, interior and accessible* portions of the appliance and the chimney connection. We will be looking for the basic soundness of the chimney structure and flue as well as the basic appliance installation and connections. The technician will also verify the chimney is free of obstruction and combustible deposits.
We offer THREE types of inspection services:
- Level 1 is recommended if you have not changed or plan on changing out your heating appliance or system.
We include this level of inspection primarily during your annual maintenance service appointment.
- Level 2 is recommended if you plan to change out your existing appliance or change fuels, or if your chimney needs repair or relining.
This level of inspection is also recommended when you are selling your home or transfering the property to another owner.
- Level 3 is recommended when there is serious damage to the safe functioning of your chimney and flue, including removal and possible destruction.
Annual Maintenance of Wood Burning Appliances:
What Happens During Your Wood Appliance Maintenance Appointment
Allegiance Chimney Solutions is in business to offer you premium services performed by trained, honest, and responsible technicians. Understanding the standard of care that you are paying for is very important.
After 20 years in the business, we have learned that building a lasting relationship begins and is maintained by way of good communication. Our inspection processes and record keeping allow us to keep you educated on what does and doesn’t need attention, and thus allowing you to spend your money confidently and wisely when necessary.
- Time required: 1-2 hours
- Accessible areas required: 6 x 6 workspace surrounding unit
- Assess job site.
- Sweep chimney.
- Vacuum out firebox.
- Visual inspection of the appliance including the flue, wall panels, hearth, damper system and exterior of chimney (if accessible).
- Digitally document inspection findings and provide on-site estimates for recommended repairs or improvements as needed.
More frequent cleanings may be required depending on usage, wood type, and other contributing factors.
Benefits of Annual Maintenance
- Allows smoke, toxins and dangerous fumes to escape your home efficiently
- Removes soot
- Reduces dangerous creosote buildup within chimney
Let’s Get Started
Please fill out the form below as best as you can and one of our staff will get back to you. Items marked with a (*) are required.